Monday 24 March 2014

The Calm Before The Storm

"The prime evil rages within the Black Soulstone, It's essence screaming for vengeance and release. Before the artifact can be sealed away for ever, Malthael -Angel of Death- manifests in the mortal realms with a deadly new purpose: to steal the Black Soulstone and bend its infernal power to his will. So begins the end of all things..."

Image created by Blizzard Entertainment
It is finally here! Diablo III: Reaper of souls is out tonight at around 11pm GMT and I'm definitely excited for it to be live. It has seemed like an eternity to finally be excited about the franchise I used to love. Diablo III had many pitfalls before the recent patch 2.0 that significantly added depth and simplicity to the game. A lot of the new features such as the Loot, Difficulty and removal of the real money auction house has in my opinion redefined the game and lets not forget the introduction to blizzards amazing smart loot system, the open world known as adventure mode and the new class: The Crusader!

Image taken from Beta testing

What I love about Diablo is it's rich story and dark lore that is brilliantly displayed through the in game audio books you find during your adventures. It's Gothic and dark world sucks you in and Blizzards thoughts on the new expansion follow suit, but to a more evil degree. Westmarch has fallen and Malthael resides deep within the Pandemonium fortress.. Just this names alone sound so incredible I can't wait to experience it!

So tonight I drop my Witch Doctor that I do thoroughly enjoy for the new champion, a bastion of light, a defender of justice and power, The Crusader. These have a huge story (that I will cover in a later post) Which I can't wait to see and hear for myself but no doubt I will be writing every moment of my adventure through the acts and finally coming face to face with this new Prime Evil. I will also shed some light (pardon the pun) on the spells and Runes I choose through out the course of my journey.

Below are a few question I have seen around some forums I wanted to answer and hopefully help you out if you're unsure about returning.

Is it really worth coming back to play it?
So maybe your an Ex-veteran of Diablo II & III and want to know if it's worth trying out the expansion? I can't give you a clear answer on that, you will have to be the judge. But all I can say is that the new changes looks incredible and exactly what the game needs to revitalize the epic story and game play, which in my eyes is surely worth a try.

I hear they want to bring the community closer?
This is true! With the new changes also came a wave of more social ways to interact with players. Clans, which act like guilds were introduced along with communities you can join. Want to have a tough time through the gates of hell but also look for better rewards? Team up with your friends and clan members to over throw Diablo and tackle the Angel of Death head on.

How has Enemy Growth and difficulty changed?
Instead of the linear style of play were you had to complete each act over and over again to unlock the next difficulty, now you can can choose from Hard, Expert, Torment and master and experience the smarter enemies that increase in power as you level up. Tougher bosses and Nephalem rifts that will challenge the most seasonal warriors have also been added to provide us with a more satisfying style of play.

Has Paragon levels changed? 
The whole system has been re worked and the level cap of Paragons has been removed, endless power... It's yours... TAKE IT! Points can also be redistributed to increase such things as gold find, resistance, attack speed & more!

So as you can probably guess I'm pretty excited about the launch, I have been counting down the days to finally experience the evil that lurks, So much so that I took this photo yesterday as it made me think I was in Westmarch... Okay forget the cars & Telephone poles! The clouds still look awesome!


So stay tuned folks for more information on the expansion as it unfolds and what I learn about the Crusader. Expect a ton of information shortly on more of the lore as you know I love that stuff! Until next time guys, Good luck tonight for those chasing down Malthael & earning those Paragons levels. - Vaylen.

If you want to add me on Battle.net please do as we can team up and get those legendary drops!

Battle Tag: Vaylen#2903

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here...